Tuesday, February 26, 2008


For the last several months, I've been coming to terms with the fact that inexplicably, Cody and I are the only people we know who are watching The Wire. Look, this show is as good, if not better than The Sopranos, and the fact that you've got five whole seasons to watch should be a bonus, not a daunting task. But whatever. In this, the fifth and final season, it's been really great to watch the episodes a week early "On Demand," because obviously I'm not into delayed gratification. The only downside to that arrangement, however, is that after I watch the new episode on Monday night, I have to wait an interminable week until the following Monday to read what all my favorite columnists at Slate and Salon have to say about it, which doesn't even really make sense to me, because does anyone who pays for HBO not get "On Demand?" But whatever. This has been a difficult enough faux-burden all season long, but after last night's episode when I almost cried several times, and then did cry during the credits, I am dying for some Wire talk.
But instead, Michael K. Williams on being adorable and honey nut cheerios.

5 comments:

A said...

Getting into shows On Demand can really get you into a viewer conundrum. Yes, you are awesome and get it before everyone else, and no, no one else cares. I hear ya. I was that way with "Tell Me You Love Me."

But yeah, no one watch the Wire. There were movie rumors though.

claire said...

Yeah, except The Wire is good and critically lauded, and Tell Me You Love Me was crrrraaaappppy.

Anonymous said...

i'm not surprised that you watch the wire. i'm more surprised that two english majors can afford cable.

TooMuchTimeOnMyHands said...

Isn't it the most frustrating thing in the world when you watch a brilliant show that no one else will give a chance? Can we say Arrested Development?
The wire is totally on my list of shows to start renting. Totally.

Ross Cavin said...

Erin and I watch the wire claire, thanks to you and cody. But you're right, I know no other people who watch it. RIP Mr. Little.