Friday, July 11, 2008

Below: The Big Krassowski
(our namesake is the one in the plaid pants.)
I don't really have a good explanation for the way that I have been gravitating towards recreational sports this summer. I am neither coordinated nor particularly athletic, and all I'm really bringing to the table strength-wise is a wardrobe full of knee-socks and a vocabulary of shockingly creative swear words. And yet, I agreed to play on a friend's softball team, and signed up for my own office's softball team later this summer. On Fourth of July, I lead the charge to trek to the park and play badminton before retiring to the hot tub with dessert. For the last three weeks, I've been playing Miniature Golf in an official league on Wednesday nights. Currently we are in 16th Place (out of 19, ouch.), but the leaderboard does not yet reflect our strong showing from this week. I can't really take credit for the low stroke count part of this week's strong showing, but I like to think I was partially responsible for the spirit points we were awarded. All this is fun, of course, but has reminded me that I am much better at dressing up and yelling than catching, putting or hitting balls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you see that episode of icarly where spencer makes a mini-golf course? it was amazing.

A said...

If it's any consolation, I think your priorities are in the right place.