Wednesday, April 23, 2008

On the topic of things I have made:

Several weeks ago, I completed my very first grown-up sized sweater. The Puff Sleeved Cardgian from the lovely Stefanie Japel's book Fitted Knits, knit up pretty much as easily as the description promised. I chose this sweater as the first of several I intend to knit from this book because I am currently enthralled with short sleeved sweaters, and the pattern called for high economical knitpicks yarn. Further, top down in one piece, the lack of finishing work was a nice treat at the end of the sweater. I am happy with how it fits on my body, except the sleeves aren't nearly as fabulous and voluminous as I'd been expecting and hoping they would be. The only modifications I made were accidental, but don't seem to have negatively affected the overall end product.

Here I am, in my garden one morning before work, awkwardly posing in my sweater.
And the sweater, being blocked in my living room. I stretched the front slightly to make room for my bosom by drying the sweater over a small roll of hand towels.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! It's fabulous on you! My favorite part is definitely the blocking photo...