Saturday, October 27, 2007

The world is great:
1. Saturday morning brunch at Coastal Kitchen. Crab cakes, over-easy eggs, and way more sourdough toast than I would dare to take out of the plastic bread bag if I were toasting for my own breakfast at home. Excellent company as well, of course.
2. Shopping for books. Sometimes it blows my mind that despite our vastly overlapping libraries, Cody and I have such opposite taste in books. He picks up things that look like they will take concerted laborious effort to read, like a book by Mark Danielewski that you have to flip upside down every three pages or something crazy like that. I suppose he thinks the exact same thing as I buy a volume of Edith Wharton stories.
3. Running into my grandmother on the street, while she is walking down Broadway eating a Dick's burger with a bag full of treasures from the 99cent store. I don't believe I could conjure up a more adorable image of her if I tried.
4. Talking to my mom on the phone, obviously.

3 comments:

Judah said...

Was it god damned House of Leaves?

claire said...

Not even! It was a DIFFERENT unreadable book. I am really really not interested in experimental prose.

Judah said...

They let him write another book? That seems like a mistake.